GET TO KNOW spiritism
Let's study the following topics:
Where did I come from?
Where am I going?
Does reincarnation exist?
What is the meaning of life?
What is death?
Join us every Saturday from 1 pm to 3 pm!
Keep scrolling for more information.
We are available to assist you, just contact us!
Learn more about Christian Spiritism!
Join our School of Spiritist Studies today!
Your application can be completed online and there are no fees.
Do you want to know more about the fundamentals of Christian Spiritism?
What it is
• “Spiritism is a science which deals with the nature, origin and destiny of Spirits, as well as their relationship with the corporeal world.”
• It is the set of principles, as revealed by the Superior Spirits, contained in Allan Kardec’s works, which constitute the Spiritist Fundamentals: The Spirits’ Book, The Mediums’ Book, The Gospel Explained by Spiritism, Heaven and Hell, and The Genesis. – Allan Kardec (Taken from Qu’est-ce que le Spiritisme? – Préambule) Translated from the original French).
What it reveals
• It reveals more profound concepts with respect to God, the Universe, the Human Being, the Spirits and the Laws which govern life itself.
• Furthermore, it reveals who we are; where we have come from; where we are going to; what is the objective of our existence; and what are the present and past causes of pain and suffering.
What it encompasses
• Spiritism contributes to all areas of knowledge, human activities and behavior, offering new perspectives for humankind.
• Spiritism is studied, analyzed, and practiced in all the fundamental aspects of life, such as scientific, philosophical, religious, ethical, moral, educational, and social.
Its main principles are
• God is the Supreme Intelligence, first cause of all things. God is eternal, immutable, immaterial, unique, omnipotent, supremely just and good.
• The Universe is God’s creation. It encompasses all rational and non-rational beings, both animate and inanimate, material and immaterial.
• In addition to the corporeal world inhabited by incarnate Spirits, which are human beings, there exists the spiritual world, inhabited by discarnate Spirits.
• There are other inhabited worlds in the Universe, with beings at different degrees of evolution: some less, some equal, and others more evolved than men on Earth (us).
• All the Laws of Nature are Divine Laws because God is their author. They cover both the physical and moral laws.
• A Human Being is a Spirit incarnated in a material body.
• What connects the physical body to the Spirit is a semi-material body named perispirit.
• Spirits are the intelligent beings of creation. They constitute the world of the Spirits, which pre-exists and outlives everything.
• Spirits are created simple and ignorant. They evolve intellectually and morally, passing from a lower order to a higher one, until they attain perfection, when they will enjoy unalterable bliss.
• Spirits preserve their individuality before, during, and after each incarnation.
• Spirits reincarnate as many times as is necessary for their spiritual advancement.
• Spirits are always progressing. In their multiple physical existences, they may sometimes become stationary but they never regress. The speed of their intellectual and moral progress depends on the efforts they make to attain perfection.
• Spirits belong to different orders according to the degree of perfection they have attained: Pure Spirits, who have attained maximum perfection; Good Spirits, whose predominant desire is towards goodness; and Imperfect Spirits, characterized by their ignorance, their tendency towards evil, and by their inferior passions.
• The Spirits’ relations with Human Beings are constant and have always existed. The Good Spirits attract us towards goodness, sustain us in life’s trials, and help us bear them with courage and resignation. The Imperfect Spirits induce us towards error.
• Jesus is the Guide and Model for all Humankind. The Doctrine He taught and exemplified is the purest expression of God’s Law.
• The morality of Christ, as contained in the Gospels, is the guide for the secure progress of all Human Beings. Its practice is the solution for all human problems and the objective to be attained by Humankind.
• Human Beings are given free-will to act, but they must answer for the consequences of their actions.
• Future life reserves for Human Beings penalties and pleasures according to the respect they do or do not show for God’s laws.
• Prayer is an act of adoration for God. It is found in the natural law and is the result of an innate sentiment in every Human Being, just as the idea of the existence of the Creator is innate.
• Prayer makes Human Beings better. Whoever prays with confidence grows stronger against evil temptations, and God sends the Good Spirits to assist them. This assistance will never be denied when requested with sincerity.
“Spirits assure us that the time appointed by Providence for a universal manifestation of their existence has now come; and that their mission, as the ministers of God and the instruments of His will, is to inaugurate, through the instructions they are charged to convey to us, a new era of regeneration for the human race.” – Allan Kardec (The Spirits’ Book – Prolegomena)